At O2 Industries, we're shaping the future of personal protective equipment. Our innovative respirators protect from harmful particles, giving people the tools to unlock their potential in the most sensitive breathing situations.
We are looking to add a R&D Engineer to our growing Product Development team. In this role you will be instrumental in the creation of next generation respiratory solutions. You will work closely with our design and engineering teams to translate user-based needs into innovative yet elegant product functionality. You are curious and creative by nature, love to experiment, and enjoy making and breaking things.
What You’ll Do in This Role
- Perform research to ideate new products and technologies and create experimental designs and prototypes to test product concepts
- Design and execute tests for design and engineering validation and verification at all stages of the product development process (concept, prototype, production)
- Understand critical launch elements and ensure that technical unknowns are identified and addressed
- Conduct research on future technologies and provide reports and presentations to engineering and management team
- Assist in the development of IP to support O2’s patent portfolio
- Identify and work with suppliers to develop and deliver necessary components
What You Bring to This Role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics or related technology field
- At least 5 years' experience in an engineering, research, or product development related role
- Experience in an engineering role creating small plastic components, ideally with products requiring fine detail and high-quality aesthetics, would be an asset
- Advanced analytical capability with a strong track record of conducting both hands-on experimentation as well as theoretical analysis
- Proven experience demonstrating an ability to tie research outcomes with end-user requirements
- Experience managing multiple inputs into the product development process
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities with a keen desire to try new things and work collaboratively to innovate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively convey technical information to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as medical, military, etc. a significant asset
- Strong background in materials is preferred
What We Need from You
When applying, please provide your current CV or resume.
We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. In accordance witkh the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) if you need accommodation at any point throughout the hiring process, please let us know.
**No agencies please**