At O2 Industries, we're shaping the future of personal protective equipment. Our innovative respirators protect from harmful particles, giving people the tools to unlock their potential in the most sensitive breathing situations.
We are looking to add a Product Manager to our growing Product Development team. In this role you will be instrumental in the development and execution of our product roadmap of category-defining protection solutions. You are a true cradle-to-grave product manager who has experience running from initial ideation and user need research through to managing and facilitating product development milestones. You are a creative thinker who always takes a user-centred approach to product development and your keen organizational capabilities help you to thrive and keep product teams on track in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do in This Role
- Conduct market research to identify and quantify the competitive landscape, market trends and product opportunities
- Contribute to the development of O2’s product strategy and roadmap
- Create an internal understanding of the minds of our users by gathering and analyzing customer insights to inform and develop key user personas
- Enable a successful product development lifecycle by working closely with our design and engineering teams to document product requirements, prioritize and clear the backlog and manage barriers to achieve key milestones and bring products to life
- Develop product messaging and positioning working closely with our marketing, sales and customer support teams to ensure alignment
- Identify partnership opportunities and collaborate with third party firms where needed (i.e. design, engineering, marketing)
What You Bring to This Role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- At least 3 years of product management experience in an industry building relevant physical products (i.e. on-body wearables, consumer hardware products, etc.)
- Proven experience gathering and analyzing customer data to understand customer motivators and behaviours
- Strong project management capability including experience understanding, analyzing, and managing multiple inputs into the product development process
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities with a keen desire to try new things and work collaboratively to innovate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively convey technical information to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Proven experience employing user-centric design methodologies
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as medical, military, etc. a significant asset
What We Need from You
When applying, please provide your current CV or resume.
We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. In accordance witkh the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) if you need accommodation at any point throughout the hiring process, please let us know.
**No agencies please**