At O2 Industries, we're shaping the future of personal protective equipment. Our innovative respirators protect from harmful particles, giving people the tools to unlock their potential in the most sensitive breathing situations.
Our team is growing and looking for a hands-on expert and strategic thinker to join our team as Head of Accounting. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build out our accounting function including establishing foundational processes and systems. As part of our leadership team, you will be a key driver of our success in this fast-paced and growing environment.
What You’ll Do in This Role
- Manage a growing finance team including hiring, training and supervising current team of 2 as well as future new hires
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable
- Research accounting issues and prepare accounting memos
- Coordinate the budget process
- Lead the process to implement a new ERP system from evaluation to launch
- Maintain the general ledger system
- Help design and implement new internal controls
- Plan, implement and oversee the overall accounting strategy
- Conduct periodic internal audits
- Organize necessary data and documentation for external auditors
What You’ll Bring to This Role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance (master’s degree preferred)
- Valid CPA certification
- At least 5 years of experience in an accounting management role including experience leading accounting teams or departments and establishing or improving core accounting processes
- Strong technical accounting expertise, ideally with a background in external audit, with proven experience in financial planning and analysis and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Experience supporting accounting and consolidation in international organizations, either working for a parent company with subsidiaries or for a subsidiary rolling up to a parent
- Familiarity with employment-related tax documents
- Critical thinking capabilities with a natural tendency to challenge the status quo through analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively convey technical information to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Exceptional organizational skills with a keen eye for detail and ability to deliver against tight timelines
What We Need from You
When applying, please provide your current CV or resume.
We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) if you need accommodation at any point throughout the hiring process, please let us know.
**No agencies please**